Saab 9-5 SRD Racing (Schweden)

Very nice picture novel, hopefully to be continued ! ? !

of course it should continue.
Here is a picture of how it looked before and how it looked last summer

2jev50k.jpg

We have now decided, again, to build at budget engine for this season. Simply because lack of money.

So ve return to the original plan to use T7 rods and T5 pistons.

Meanwhile, or when we get enough money, we plan building a second engine, based on the B206 block from 900i -94. This will be a "full race" spec engine.

So we now started to modify the T7 rods
htutyp.jpg

119z5tf.jpg

SRD Racing modified rod VS original T7 one

The Civinco stand alone engine management we are going to use are now finally home :D

29ohf2a.jpg

Big thanks to Civinco and BA Ost & Chark

Don't you stick with trionic?

A very nice car you got there. What power has the car? There are also videos of him? Show us still more photos!!

Began work on some stuff in the cabin on Saturday.

Took some pictures with Nikon that went with us to the garage, as a little supplement to the former.

x6mn1y.jpg

fa7ivb.jpg

1f7ds8.jpg

oarjbn.jpg

33ubbkl.jpg

The next step is to draw the brake lines and start a little bit with the new electrical system.

Now we have started to fix the interior. Seats, pedals, handbrake, etc. etc. are in place. Even got back plate that displays of the luggage.

2ir21rb.jpg

xqcer.jpg

Today I added a bit of time to complete the oil sump. Was quite difficult to remove all the old burnt oil, but think it was good to finish.

2hdp7iw.jpg

The inside of the pan with baffles and oil pickup

When I got home it was just getting into the car and go to the post office and pick up a nice package.
2ywfuki.jpg

I started tonight with the fix to a control box with various switches to the new Fan, P-light, instrument lighting, etc. etc.
11ipcm1.jpg

Switch with light green for On and Off the Red

2nbf5ft.jpg

v7bbex.jpg

Should print out small stickers so you know which breaker that goes to what.

very fine, very nice, very interesting your works !!
If you like to, you can tell about termins. Where and when do you want to bring the car to starts?
What kind of support do you need? Drivers, mechanics, material, caterings?
Let's win!

• Danke
Reaktionen: SRD
Hello
The idea is that the car will be ready in late April. Because then it's a big motor show. And I hope to exhibit the car there. After that it gets to run 6x races during the summer. Here in Sweden. It is to test and feel how the car feels.
What we need right now is the most money. When the building operated by private funds and smaller contributions from business.

lucky sweden able to see your car operating 6x this year!
How is the way to support you with money?
Let's win!

• Danke
Hey SRD!
Thanks.
Let me say, that I'm not a memeber at facebook and I'd like to stay off facebook. Cildish, conservative? Perhaps.
In order to come back to the theme: in my eyes a racing engagement is also an economical thing. Your team has to invest money before a cashback can flow.
So, if you like to collect money for the race engagement, could you open a way the money can flow?
I mean, producers of parts - f.e. shock absorbers - do have the advantage of advertising on the car.
But for me and perhaps many others, it would be just a financial engagement with a risk, ok.
Some people in the forum and outside do really like SAAB and think about, how to support the brand. In my eyes motorsport is one way to show the public, the brand is alive and strong.
:rolleyes:

• Danke
hey!
I understand, that you want to practice successful motorsports with this 9-5 and offer equipments for racecar builders.
Well before you wrote, that the most important you need actually is money. So, we cannot start a racecar manufacturing, but we can support your project with money. What I mean is, money comes from point A(me and friends) to point B(you), the racecar ist build and goes to point C (racecourses).After successful starts the money (and a little more) comes back to point A.
:redface:..:biggrin:

hey!
Ich verstehe, dass ihr erfolgreich Motorsport mit diesem 9-5 betreiben und Ausrüstungen für Rennwagenbauer anbieten wollt.
Ok, vorhin schriebst du, daß Geld das Wichtigste ist,was ihr z.Zt. am dringend braucht. Nungut, wir können keine Rennwagenschmiede gründen, aber wir können euer Projekt mit Geld unterstützen. Will sagen, das Geld ginge von A (ich und Freunde) nach B (zu euch), der Wagen wird gebaut und kommt auf die Rennstrecke (C). Nach erfolgreichen Starts geht das Geld (und etwas mehr) zurück nach A.
:redface:..:biggrin:

yes that's the idea that it ultimately will give to bake some money. What more is that the possibility is of course to you as a sponsor to borrow the car to attract more people to your company.

Another thing that is planned is that we should do a time attack tests on the Nurburgring in 2012 (if the track is left?) otherwise it will be an attempt at the track Spa.
And it is to show the world that a Saab could be really fast

Zurück
Oben