my saab weekend

Danke
spent a great weekend doing Saabs, from a Saab meet on Saturday to fitting my volvo Intercooler on Sunday
so here are a few pictures...

Enjoy boys..

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

Paul

Thx for the photos. What a nice excursion!

I really like the 99 on the pictures. What a beauty.. It still is my favourite car!
Sorry to say so ;-)... nevertheless the documents of your work are nice as well.

kind regards,
Chris.

I miss some nice convertibles on your pics... :lol:
99? is it the black beauty in leftmost position? I like this one, too

...hi Paul, on the pictures I can see that it is only beeing held through the two black straps one on each side ?
Are you satisfied with the results, hp etc.

The black looks realy nice.

Thanks a lot...and Picture Number 3.....just let me know a price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I am not so familar with the 8v Turbo, you did not rotate the turbo housing right? Just curious.

thanks

Hi boys,

thanks for your kind words :daumenhoch:

as for the cars.....

the 99T is running a APC system now & at the last Rolling Road/Dyno it was at 160bhp..

the blue aero is in fact a X-LPT that is now running 185bhp with just a MBC & C900 intercooler fitted

the white 5 door is mine, its back on a Dyno in 3 weeks time..just to see what its kicking out now.

the Black car is a T8S at the moment its running 220/230bhp & has had a lot of time/money spent on it, I have driven it too.. its very fast, faster than most modified T16S that I have been in..

as for my FMIC its great the induction roar is louder too now,a bit more turbo lag.
but I can live with that as when it flies it flies
It holds 1 Bar of boost easy , the biggest benifit for a FMIC is the "COLD" intake temps now.

as for the cable ties/zip ties every FMIC I have seen in the UK has had them fitted to hold the intercooler (ie lightweight fixings)

the Black T8S has a FMIC & its held on with cable ties ..its been there for 2 years now without any problems..

I did not "clock" the compressor side of the turbo.. I was thinking about it but its a lot of work..
the owner of the black T8S has a FMIC as already mentioned & he has not "Clocked" his turbo as well ( his T8S is the fatsest T8 that we know of in the country)

the only other thing I was thinking about was fitting a T3 turbo from a T16 just for the bigger compressor..

speak soon Paul

Glad to see, that they are all "cooking with water", even if it looks different sometimes. ;-)
When I have to write English sentences, I am schwitzing and my Hemd gets patschnass... ;-)

Regards Fritz

@MartinSaab...Well why not? Would make a special Saab on german streets even MORE SPECIAL hahahaha !

hi pda,

I also like the 99 most! It's a beauty with the minilites. If I somewhen have some space and time in spare I'll look for a similar one too. RHD would be additional fun!

Tomas

@targa

Good luck by searching a 99 Turbo CC! I think it's quite easier to find a chicken with lips than finding a 99 Turbo CC.

@pda

I'm a little bit confused about the tie-rap solution for you intercooler.
Do you think they will resist the appearing vibrations?

Cheers,
Kev

Hi Kevin,

as for the cable ties/zip ties all the C900 FMIC setups I have seen in the UK use them..
I was speaking to my mate last weekend & his FMIC has been on his car for 2 years with no problems with the cable ties/zip ties..
its a light weight fixing system...

Paul

Zurück
Oben