Battery moving

Danke
I have moved my battery into the boot of my T8 ready for my 3" stainless steel exhaust ie delete the 90 deg cast elbow & fit a bigger shallower curve front pipe..
to gain a few more bhp...

DSC00539.jpg

battery sits about 1" above the boots false floor so I retain 95% boot area.

DSC00530.jpg

had to move my toolkit to under rear shelf.

can you see the new battery cables
DSC00540.jpg

DSC00545.jpg

both cables went over rear wheel arch under the carpet & through the bulkhead using large bellow where standard wires/loom goes.

DSC00542.jpg

car starts/drive fine all ok

I used 170A starter cable used 10 metres of it I took both -/+ cables from battery to front of car...

Paul

How far are you planing to go? With that Volvo IC I got enough to setup before there is more to go.
And is the 3" exhaust the only reason to move the battery? Don't understand the sence of moving the battery.

cu

Ok, another question, what is vac capsule, what they are talking over at 900aero to exchange by a better or something?

Thanks

finally i get to know how t h a t works.
Fine you kept the original tool kit! No, I can't see any battery cables!!

Where is the exact position now, behind the right rear wheel arch? So did you have to cut out the wooden "ironing board", the trunk's floor in order to get the battery placed?

Furthermore, what do I see, Leather Seets for 900 with another than the Contour Shape?

Still the guys with the most evil mods to their Turbos in here don't need the "batteriboj", it seems. . .

reason for moving my battery is to get rid of the cast 90 deg elbow on the turbo as this is a big restriction on power..
by removing the cast elbow & fitting a 3" front pipe with bigger shallower curve this will gain about 10 or 15 BHP

as for not seeing the -/+ cables thats right you can't as there hidden under the carpet..

the battery sits behind the righthand wheels arch just infront of the rear light, as for the boot floor yes it did need cutting a section of 25mmx250mm long

like this.........
DSC00536.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

you can see the wheelarch & rear light

DSC00535.jpg

another view of the section I had to cut out

as for the vac capsule mod on 900aero it works by letting you run more retarded timing under boost so you can run with more boost at higher RPM

Paul

@ pda, don't know what the word means, some crazy made up...

But still, I don't really get what vac capsule is, is it a part, is it a modification or what... sorry for bugging you

the vac capsule is on the dizzy near the cap its where the vacuum line goes in....

HTH Paul

"what does "batteriboj" mean in English"

Battery-. . . "Corner"? No, rather "Bend". Obviously as you have to move the Battery for that thing.

Zurück
Oben