Bailey Atmos Dump Valve

Danke
Hi everyone,

I've just brought a nearly new Bailey Atmos Dump Valve DV26..
I also have a spare top intercooler pipe, which I'm getting a alloy spigot welded onto...

now who of you guys is using a Bailey Dump Valve or a Forge Dump Valve..

I'm getting the spigot welded onto the elbow of the top intercooler pipe..
or is it better to get the spigot welded closer to the throttle body..

here's a picture of my mates T8S with dump valve & water injection..
he has a later top intercooler pipe on his 1989 T8S..
his car runs 221bhp with a volvo FMIC & CAT cam, now 5th injector, shortshift gearstick, plus other bits & bobs..
I have driven his car & it pulls like a train, loads of power/torque wheels spin in everygear in the dry...

Paul

Anhänge

• dumpvalve_atmos_johnw.jpg
    dumpvalve_atmos_johnw.jpg
    37,8 KB · Aufrufe: 314
Hi pda!

Personally I am running a standard Bosch-recirculating-item. :oops:

I think the best place to mount the BOV is as close to the throttle-body as possible. So you wont get any air-waves coming back when you let your foot of the throttle...

Kind Regards,

Erik

similar position to the one in the picture rather than nearer to the elbow..

Paul

Hi!

Well, if you want to mount it to the elbow. than the shown position is allright. Best would be the connection on the throttle-body, where the pipe for the recirc-bov is normaly mounted on a 16V-900 Turbo.

Just my opinion, not the ultimate way to go... :mrgreen:

Happy Saabing,

Erik

yes I know people who have fitted a 16v throttle body to a T8 just to mount their dump valve on it...

but the dump valve ends up being, silent nearly not loud

you end up with a better sound/louder, mounting it on the elbow of the top intercooler pipe..

even Abbott Racing mount their dump valves on the top intercooler pipe elbow..

Paul

Just a update,
should be picking up my intercooler pipe tomorrow afternoon from the welders, so I'll fit the dump valve Friday afternoon :biglaugh:

Paul

starting to get jealous about the possibilities You have up there on Yr Island, as You get about the speed we theoretically can drive down here

I picked up my top intercooler pipe yesterday afternoon, from the welders
he made a very good job of it.
it looks lovely.. (plus very cheap only cost me £5)

fitted it to my T8 when I got home :daumenhoch:
easy job only took 15 minutes to fit...intercooler pipe/Dump valve/jubilee clips & all vacuum lines etc etc..

started T8, runs fine idles lovely..

had to go for a little drive last night WOW BOY OH BOY its loud :thumbsup: I'm very happy now......

Paul

Hi paul, Sure You know all Radarpoints on the road down there? What happens in GB at 20 miles too fast? Germany has the image of low fares for these things, but at 20 miles let You walk for a while any way.

speedtraps in the UK are points related to you driving licence if you get more than 12 pionts you loose your licence.. :bad:

you can also get points for bald tyres etc 3 points per bald tyre..

you are allowed 7% over the speed limit before you get into trouble..

if you get done for speeding in a 30mph zone say 40mph, so 10mph over the limit..you will get 3 penalty points on your licence & a fine of £60.

our national speed limit for a motorway is 70mph
if you get done at 100mph you loose your licence for 1 month & pay a big fine £700 plus
if you get done for 130mph to 150mph you loose your licence for 1 year & a fine of £1000 plus :scream:

Paul

Almost similar to our "fares". Anyway, in the total german Autobahn-system of more than 5500 kms there are some 1200 kms without limits and this rest is limited by traffic and idiots who cannot drive or look into mirrors. Down here in the south its swiss drivers who cannot estimate speed of cars coming from behind. Dangerous, if You come down with some 200 kms and people at 120 change line just in front of You.
Peter

I find that a lot here Peter, people not looking in their mirrors..
you are driving at 120mph the someone pulls out in front of you at 70mph :evil:

but back on topic now :daumenhoch: I just love the sound of my Bailey DV26 "pishhhhhhhhhhh" its great...

Paul

Zurück
Oben