Elektrik Umbau US-Scheinwerfer

Soso... er glaubt uns also nicht... ich hab ja auch nicht genug US Fahrzeuge... gut gut, bis Strudel sich noch mal äußert mal ein Bild wofür die Nüppis also eigentlich sind:
100_1461.jpg

Und jetzt mußt Du noch ein Video finden, wo die Teile in Aktion sind... also die Wischer... ;)

Soso... er glaubt uns also nicht... ich hab ja auch nicht genug US Fahrzeuge... gut gut, bis Strudel sich noch mal äußert (...)

Und jetzt mußt Du noch ein Video finden, wo die Teile in Aktion sind... also die Wischer... ;)

Was erwartest Du von mir?

Ich habe hier ein Foto eines späteren Cabriolets gefunden, das die "Nüppis" an anderer Stelle hat (weiter innen)... da kann der Scheinwerferwischer vorbeiwischen.

us-cv.jpg

Ich habe auch eine e-Mail an den guten Bekannten in die USA gesendet, er wird auch ein Video machen. Hier seine bisherige Antwort - auch sehr allgemein gehalten, ich hab's jetzt noch nicht übersetzt (ich versuch' bei Interesse gerne noch 'ne Übersetzung):

"I'll take a video in Milwaukee. (...)

The headlight wipers and sprayers are actuated when you pull back the stalk to wash the windshield. They run a certain number of strokes, maybe 5 or so, after you release the lever.

The U.S. DOT headlights are different for the cars with the wipers. In the US we have something that I call "aiming nubs" but there is probably a technical term for them. There is an apparatus used for aiming the headlights. It rests against these protruding glass "nubs" for alignment.

Just like the Mercedes 300 series from that era, the aiming nubs have to be relocated so that the wipers do not run over them so new U.S. DOT-compliant headlights with relocated aiming nubs were manufactured for the headlight wiper cars. And, accordingly, the DOT headlights for the U.S. have new markings for the aiming apparatus. They are marked "8H 18V" for the headlight wiper cars vs. "10H 20V" for the earlier cars without headlight wipers. The "H" and "V" correspond to horizontal and vertical specifications for the aiming apparatus. I've never used the aiming equipment, but higher end auto shops have this apparatus.

The Bosch motors are driven by a small Chinese motor made by a company in Hong Kong named "Johnson". The brushes usually fail. I will send to you a photo of the internals of the motor/gearbox assembly. The connectors to the motors are 3 pin, so perhaps your cars are pre-wired for them.

Note that the bumper cover molds have a space for the wiper shaft. I think that this might only be for the later bumper covers but I can't remember. I think that every U.S. car received the wipes from M.Y. 1991 until the end of production, but I am not certain.

Probably way more than you wanted to know about headlight wipers."

Zurück
Oben