tyre size

Danke
Hi boys, :hallo

who has used slightly bigger/wider tyres on there C900

at the moment I'm using 195/60x15" on my Incas as my C900 is a cool monster T8
but I might be getting a set of Carrol Shelby Silver Spokes(look like Minilites) then I was thinking of fitting 205/60x15" would I suffer from Rubbing with the tyres & wheel arch

at the moment the car is on standard sports suspension by later this year I'm getting it lowered by -40mm
so would I need 205/55x15"

any ideas......

I also have a set of New BF Goodrich Profilers 195/50x15" in my garage & everyone tells me these are too small a ratio & well give the speedo the wrong reading is this true is anyone using this size of tyre....

I have used a tyres calculator & it says this size of tyre will make the speedo 6% wrong
I have been told that anything greater than 1% is bad

any ideas....

Paul

any ideasss. . . :

I think the 195/. . . already look a bit baloony on 5J15-Wheels. You know, with the TRX 180/390 (centimeters, a weird measure system invited by some megalomaniac continental european), the T8s in 1982 where already labelled "wide tyre". Of course it is another question what aesthetically (spelling correct? no idea!) fits the c900 best, but:

My Vehicle Pass reads "LM Felgen [i. e. alloy wheels] 6,5 x 15 RONAL TURBO I.[n] VERB.[indung] M.[it] AUSR.[eichender] RADABD.[eckung]" - i. e. in conjunction with sufficient wheel cover -, yet nothing about the tyres. Then when I asked a guy who wanted to sell me those Ronal Turbo Wheels about that phrase, he answered "you just have to put on Limiters to your Suspension". For 205/60 that may be right, but for 205/50 (which I would prefer, should have better handling)??

I think when you use wider Tyres you're supposed to mount them on wider wheels as well (minimum 6 Inches wide? No Idea, not exactly. . .).

Aero84 has the Ronal Turbo Wheels already, he has 195/50. . . Klebers on them - Aero, did you need any extra Radlaufleisten or Federwegsbegrenzer?

The max. tiresize ist 205/55 R 15= expensive. With 205/60 R 15 the speedometer does´t show the right speed. The diameter ist bigger. The wheel turns slower. The speedometer shows less km/mls as reality= can cause problems with speed traps! (In germany)
With the 195/50 r 15 the wheel turns faster so speedo give you more km/mls as you drive in reality. But 205/60 is too big for the wheel housing. I try to put a wheel from a 9000 on my turbo aero and it does not fit.

Thanks boys,

I have had a few comments from a few forums & a lot of people in the USA are using 205/55x15" & they are saying it improves handling......

but I still have not had a definitive answer from anyone, James in the USA was running 185/65x15" winter tyres & 205/55x15" summer tyres with no problems..

so I think I will see my mate at his garage, get a set of 205/55x15" a just try them...

unless anyone else know anything different

Paul

Zurück
Oben