R.E.M.

Danke
I took my 2 sons to see R.E.M. in concert last night in Ipswich Suffolk UK

All I can say is................................they were BL00DY BRILLIANT :00000449 :00000415 :00000449 :00000415 :00000449

Paul

Paul, Did You take them, or did they take You? ;-)
(Just kidding, REM is more our generation I believe. Did they also like it?)

I would think so - they are now again pretty popular, on Rock Am Ring this year there were also some "Living Legends" (I wasnt there, just take this as an example of a popular festival): http://www.rock-am-ring.de/schedule.html
- Green Day, althouth they are more a Band which I grew up with, but are also "in the Business for a pretty long time now"
- Iron Maiden, Mötley Crüe - has anyone seen the Film Version of their Biography yet? Must be awesome, from what I heard from the book
- Sonic Youth
That is apr`s mon avis the fuc*ing greatest band ever, they managed to be succesfull to a certain extent and to stay alternative in the meantime - most of all, they managed to stay together. . .
If you don't know em, just download "Drunk Butterfly" (although not all their songs are as great as that one), its the song which I loved best to hear in my T 16 for the first weeks.

And boy, I remember "The Cure" on last years South Side, that was the greatest Show on that Day, although there were also Franz Ferdinand, Monster Magnet (which would have been the greatest if it had been at night), PJ Harvey, Bright Eyes, I am Kloot - great day anyway. . .

Although I like modern Bands, which are just playing for a certain time, but not to be counted as classics yet, better (Tocotronic, Slayer, The (International) Noise Conspiracy, The Prodigy), I love to listen to the "Modern Classics" (Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Napalm Death) every other time.
But I had enough time in my live to occupy myself with Music, what not anyone has.

no we all took each other :00000417

there were people from 10 years to 90 years old there....

Paul

Ah, Deep Purple & Co., we share the same taste. I don't like large concerts though - it's just too crowded. The worst thing I ever went to was Rolling Stones in Hamburg - about a Zillion people, and apart from the lucky ones way up in front of the stand, for the rest it was more like, well... Half way between the stand and the rest of the people they had set up large billboards advertising for those crappy t-shirts and other merchandise! That's why we never moved any closer - those things really blocked the view at least on parts of the bandstand anyways. And damn expensive. I prefer the smaller clubs.

the local papers reported that there was only 23k crowd there on Friday night.
the venue a local football ground Ipswich Town F.C seats 35k
so it was not too bad

Paul

"I don't like large concerts though - it's just too crowded."

Man that is precisely the Idea behind a big Concert/Festival. . . Although I must state that I always try to be as near as possible to the theatre, too, which is of course much easier in a nice little club.

Man that is precisely the Idea behind a big Concert/Festival. . .
Is it? ;-) Maybe You're right. However:
I insist the idea behind the Rolling Stones concert I mentioned was to earn as much money for as little effort as possible...

yeah, that was the financial Idea, because the Rolling Stones later on where the same mainstream crap as. . . ah well, but in a big Stadium, that has some appeal to it, too. But still, only if you're in "pole position" near to the comedy

Zurück
Oben