Heuschmid camshaft HS1 KIT

Danke
Hello Everyone,

sorry I can`t write in German, but as you can see I`m English..

I have a Saab 900 T8,it is a 5 door combi-coupe in Cirrus White, with Buffola leather interior..
I have a Heuschmid camshaft fitted to it. the car run great..
fast to 130mph so far.......
but I want to know if Heuschmid ran with different timing from Saab......
the standard saab timing for a T8 is 20 deg BTDC @2000rpm with vacuum dissconnected......
I have ask a lady at work to phone Johann Heuschmid up to ask him .as she is German it was simple for her to talk to Johann rather than myself as I don`t speak German..
But we only got as far as Johann asking for all my questions to be Faxed to him so he could answer them...
now that was 3 weeks ago & I have not had a answer from Him....
do any of you guys drive a Heuschmid HS1 C900 T8...
has anyone got any information about the HS1 kit

many thanks for your help Paul

Hi everyone,

has anyone got any news about Heuschmid Timing for a Saab T8.........

Paul

getting a answer from Johann Heuschmid is like.................................

finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow !!!!!!!!!!!

has anyone got any news/ideas

cheers Paul

Hi Paul,
I think the Heuschmids aren't very common here in Germany... Maybe that's why nobody answers your request. Hopefully the fax from J. Heuschmid leads you on the right track... :-)
IMHO there's one Heuschmid driver (but I think it's a 16V - don't know really) in www.forum-auto.de as far as I remember. You may (re)post your question there ("-93 Technik Hilfe" on the left list)

Regards
mk

Johnny Bravo schrieb:
IMHO there's one Heuschmid driver (but I think it's a 16V - don't know really) in www.forum-auto.de as far as I remember. You may (re)post your question there ("-93 Technik Hilfe" on the left list)

Regards
mk

Yes, there are some.
I have got also one (1988 HS5) and have send a mail to Heuschmid yesterday with your questions.

We will see...

Hi klaus,
could it be that you are the guy who purchased my used three additional istruments on ebay? ;-) How is your rebuilding project going?

Cheers
martin

Johnny Bravo schrieb:
Hi klaus,
could it be that you are the guy who purchased my used three additional istruments on ebay? ;-) How is your rebuilding project going?

Cheers
martin

Yes, thats me ;-)
The "new" 92 body still needs some additional work, I hope driving this HS5 again in spring 2005 or so...

Hi boys,

I know that Johann Heuschmid might reply to my Fax but it takes so long schlaf schlaf
I E-mailed him first in Jan `04 since then I have sent 6 or 7 E-mails & 3 Fax`s (the Fax was written in German as well)
He has had 2 phone calls as well one from a lady at work who is German & one from a guy I know in Sweden (as Johann speaks Swedish)

but I`ve still not heard any thing from him :asdf:

I`ll try the other website as well, no-one in the UK knows nothing about Heuschmid.....

Paul

so why are Heuschmid`s not very common in Germany :shock:
are they expensive.....

Paul

Mhh - I think they are just rare! And besides that the Hirsch Performance cars are a little more popular here in Germany... And for the 9000 drivers Abott racing, MapTun, .... are familiar. :-)

LG
mk

yes we have plenty of Hirsch tuned GM900 & 9-3`s here also loads of Maptun 9000Turbo`s (I know of 1 car with Maptun stage 6 )
he`s got 380bhp & 400ftlb but it should be 480bhp :scream:
but Martun stage 2 or 3 are common

as fot Abbott Racing I live 20 miles away from them, good tuners but very dear £££££££££££££££ for work/parts

Paul

HS1 ignition timing:32°/5000rpm

hft great thanks

is the timing set the same as standard with vacuum disconnected

Paul

Hi boys, :hallo:

I had my cam timing checked on Wednesday this week also ignition timing /fuelling checked again.......

the cam timing was spot on all OK :thumbsup:

The ignition timing was advanced 3º so now its 26ºBTDC@2000rpm with vacuum disconnected......
we tried the Heuschmid timing 32ºBTDC@5000rpm with vacuum disconnected & it was spot on too all OK :00000944:

The fuelling was a bit rich again but I expected that as a result of removing the old EGR system a week before......it was 6.75% now its down too 3.75%...
I`ll have it checked in a week or two & if needed adjusted a bit more..

the T8 drives a lot faster now, exhaust note is smoother,cleaner,crisper too..
I think I have found some of my lost BHP..

I`ll keep you posted as for my MPG figures & top speeds etc etc

Paul

yes he does :thumbsup:

I wanted some more info from him, does he own a Heuschmid HS1 tuned car......
does he have a website.........

Paul

Hi boys,

on the HS1 kit Heuschmid run with 0.75 BAR boost instead of 0.7 BAR which is factory settings on a T8...

this is not a great difference is it... :dizzy:
would it be better to set the boost like the T16S which is 0.85 BAR

any of you T8 drivers running with more boost than 0.7 BAR...

Paul

Zurück
Oben