Hello boys,

what different APC settings are you boys using on your T8's
P pots & F pots

at the moment I'm running with......
P=19.6kohms
F=312ohms
car boosts into the red on the saab APC/TURBO gauge
mine is a 1987 T8......

any body else running with different settings.... & what results are you getting.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I stopped turbo8-APC-tweaking two head-gaskets and one turbocharger ago ;-)

you must have been APC tweeking to a very high BHP/Toque figure were you running "M" type settings......... :eek7:
"M" type bhp was 195bhp..which will kill your gearbox very fast :bad:

you are the first person I have heard off, who has bad results from APC tweeking...

Paul

The results weren't that bad, but I grew older and wiser! The original settings of my current turbo8 are very good, boost goes right between yellow and red on the apc-gauge and goes back only to 2/3 of yellow, even in revs beyond 4500/min. So power and torque are more than acceptable. I'm quite impressed with this engine and its settings, my former turbo8-cars weren't that fast.

my T8 boost into the red by about 3mm on the standard APC/TURBO gauge....
& holds well at the end of the orange sector......

I have not had a full chance to try my new settings above 3500rpm but at 3000rpm to 3500rpm the car is a lot faster ....
I'm hoping to find out this weekend at higher rpm 4000 to 5000rpm..

Paul

had a test flight yesterday :lol:

the T8 was a lot faster through the gears from 3rd gear up to 5th.....
from 30mph to 120mph.......

had a little play today with APC settings again so now I'm running with.....

P=25kohm
F=337ohm

these settings are a known figure because my mate is running with them on his stock T8S...

other people I know run with...
P=26kohm
F=500ohm.. :thumbsup:

so I'll see how the T8 runs with my new settings..

Paul

Good luck.. Btw, do you have reverences for the 16V turbo? Where do you have the settings from?

I appreciate... CU

Thanks, just thought, there was a page or thread, where everybody put down his resistance settings of their P, F, pots...

Once I got my settings that good, that I am happy, I will post mine then, but 16 valve :)

l8r

P.S. sorry, that nobody really could help you, but maybe it is time for a setting database...

had another test flight yesterday with my new APC settings.......

on full boost in 3rd gear APC/TURBO gauge is 1/4 red & in 4th, 5th gear the APC/TURBO gauge sits steady about 3mm into the red :daumenhoch:
I'll leave it alone for a while now, before any more adjustment...

Paul

Zurück
Oben