annoying rattle

Danke
I spent this afternoon cleaning the inside of my T8 & also decided to fix the annoying rattle that was coming from my drivers door..
I had too remove the doorcard which is easy 2 minute job then it was obvious what the problem was.........................................

there was a bolt missing from the window regulator mechanisum

DSC00546.jpg

lucky it was stuck between the vapour seal & door....

DSC00547.jpg

easy fix just put the bolt back in & tighten up the other 3 took about 5 minutes.....

DSC00548.jpg

while everything was off I took the chance to spray WD40 on the window regulator..

as for tools I used, only a few 2x torque screwdrivers T25 & T30, 1/4" drive ratchet & 10mm socket, 1x trim removal tool, 1x mini-maglite..

DSC00557.jpg

Paul

Hi Paul,

that sounds familiar to me. Also had that 2 years ago on my T16... :buttrock

Cheers,
Erik

Hi Paul,
to me it sounds very familiar too !
My whole car is shaking, rattling and rolling !
What shall I do ? Please give me some advice.
Cheers, Hans :00000299

Thanks a lot.
That's a recipe almost written for me: Step for step and absolutely foolproof!

Saabhans schrieb:
Hi Paul,
to me it sounds very familiar too !
My whole car is shaking, rattling and rolling !
What shall I do ? Please give me some advice.
Cheers, Hans  :00000299

turn your music up louder :00000415 :00000449 :00000415

Paul

@ pda

Hallo pda,

I am a perfect Saabfan like you and have three Saab 900 from 84, 88 and 90. Not only that (cries of amazement!), I posses an English car – the very last 31 year old Austin Maxi 1750 that exists on the road in Germany.
In 1970, when I was a little bit younger, I drove four Austin Maxis...
Last year I took part in a German-Bavarian Old-timer Rally. There were 75 participants.
Of these, 13 didn’t arrive at the finish, I was “winner” number 58. - This July I will take part again ... *g*

Now my special question to you:

I am looking without success for a complete original Austin Maxi headlight, not just the reflector, but the whole headlight unit including mounting. I am also looking for a speedo cable, both items for my much-loved Austin Maxi 1750 1974 model.
Might it be that a Saab driving Englishman like you can give me some advice or help ?
Cheers and thanks in advance.

In case you need some Saab advice from me, go to:

http://www.forum-auto.de/technik.htm

My real name is Gerd B. (Gerd Barttenbach). here I am Grufti or Fritz Lupus ...

PS: to our severe webmaster Erik:
I know this is a Saab forum and not an Austin forum. Sorry, please forgive me... ! *g*

2Vorbeifahrt.jpg

1Start.jpg

Zurück
Oben