Ausstattung - 2018’ er Karten sind da...

Great, I am interested. Let us know, when the time comes, pls.

P.S. Lasst den Thread erst mal bitte hier, ist ja speziell auf den 9-5 II zugeschnitten.

Habt Ihr auch nur Mitteleuropa auf dem Navi? Also kein Slowenien und den Rest vom Balkan.

Ja, bei meinem ist es auch so, sagt der Berliner

When it comes to available maps, we're restricted to whatever gets published by Denso that are (somewhat) compatible with the SAAB navi.
We have focused on the main Europe set of maps which includes the following countries:
"Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Macedonia F.Y.R.O., Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City State"
There are also these sets of maps published that potentially could be used instead:
Russia:
"Belarus, Estonia, Finland, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Ukraine"
Middle East:
"Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirate"
South Africa:
"Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa"
South East Asia:
"Malaysia, Singapore"
Turkey:
"Turkey"

Interestingly enough, there are 2 different map set including Turkey; with or without the rest of Europe. According to the documentation, the main Europe set of maps are illegal in Turkey, I have no idea why.

If anyone would like a different set of maps than the main Europe one, I could look into making an update including those maps.

What I would like to be able to do is to include all these sets into the update. There is enough room on the hard drive, but it's very, very difficult to extract the maps from one set and include in another.

Thanks for info. That would be more countries than now (main Europe set).

Hello @bollman

what issues did you face during the flashing process, also what tools are required to perform the update?

It does not seem to be that hard to dump the software anyway. Maybe I can hook you up with someone, who has in depth knowledge in building custom flash devices, which would allow you to spread your product more easily.

There's no flashing involved. The difficult part is to unlock the hard drive. It's not in any way NSA-strength security, but old-school enough that most modern computers can't handle it.
The map upgrade is then not really that difficult, but it's way too easy to make a mistake and ruin the other data on the hard drive.
So, it's mostly down to finding equipment old enough to be able to unlock the hard drive, and new enough to handle modern OSes so that it can handle the big files of the map upgrade.
Also, since I haven't been able to automate the upgrade process fully, there's quite the risk to let too many people do this. Mostly due to if "the shit hits the fan", you'd want someone with resources responsible so that it can be resolved.

There's no flashing involved. The difficult part is to unlock the hard drive. It's not in any way NSA-strength security, but old-school enough that most modern computers can't handle it.
The map upgrade is then not really that difficult, but it's way too easy to make a mistake and ruin the other data on the hard drive.
So, it's mostly down to finding equipment old enough to be able to unlock the hard drive, and new enough to handle modern OSes so that it can handle the big files of the map upgrade.
Also, since I haven't been able to automate the upgrade process fully, there's quite the risk to let too many people do this. Mostly due to if "the shit hits the fan", you'd want someone with resources responsible so that it can be resolved.

Thanks for explanation. I can imagine by own experience. I mean unlock hard drive.

Gibt es denn schon Termine? Ich habe zwei 9-5er, die das Update gebrauchen können.

I'm really sorry that we haven't been able to arrange a way to come down to Germany and update cars.
We are at the moment looking at making the update available through a dealer in Holland, so, perhaps it won't be necessary to come to Sweden at least.
Since the process is not as easy as, let's say, doing Hirsch upgrades, it's nothing that can be done by any dealer. We will have to provide hardware, and I've been working on automating the process as much as possible to eliminate possible errors, but it's a bit fiddly, to say the least.
If for nothing else, springtime is coming and we know there are lots of cars that want the update so we might still plan a trip to Germany. Every update takes little over an hour to perform since we do the backup of the full 40GB drive, we can do about 15 cars per day using to programming stations.
I promise I will keep you guys updated!

And, as alway, if you can't wait, you can always drive to beautiful Sweden ;)

As you all probably have figured out: COVID-19 really messed this up.

We have had no way of travel either to Holland nor Germany. BUT, we have not been sitting still
icon_wink.gif

We now have the 2021 update ready with 2 year newer maps!

Also, we are trying to set up a "mail in service". We have published a video detailing how to remove the drive from the car:
Um diese Inhalte anzuzeigen, benötigen wir die Zustimmung zum Setzen von Drittanbieter-Cookies.
Für weitere Informationen siehe die Seite Verwendung von Cookies.

We will return with more information about packaging the drive for safe transport to Sölvesborg where it will be backed up, updated and then sent back.

Our tests show that it is possible to use the car with no drive, although it would be best to leave power off during the update.

Stay tuned for more information!

@Bollmann. You did a great job! I read the webside.
Well, I should make a journey to Sweden.:top:

Warum 2018er Karten installieren lassen, wenn es schon 2021er gibt ?!

There are no 2021 maps. The latest map data is from march 2020, which is what we use. The maps were made available in December 2020, and the update for SAAB was made available in January 2021, so, that's why the update is called 2021.
It's the name of this thread that is inaccurate, and I cannot really do anything about that since I'm not the OP.

Zurück
Oben